Some Studies That I Like to Quote
This short music video encourages health professionals to use evidence to help reach treatment decisions in partnership with patients.Key Concepts addressed:
- 1-2 Anecdotes are unreliable evidence
- 1-6 Expert opinion is not always right
- 2-1 Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
- 3-1 Do the outcomes measured matter to you?
- 3-2 Are you very different from the people studied?
Some Studies That I like to Quote’ – another of James McCormack’s songs (4 mins) designed to get you thinking about the problem with strictly following cardiovascular guidelines/target shooting and NOT using evidence to help you and your patient make decisions. The lab coat logos are from top drug companies, top Rx medications and top guideline producers. Guidelines are useful but make sure you know the evidence or lack thereof.
A lyric sheet is provided and there is also a Spanish translation.