Evidence for everyday health choices
A 17-min slide cast by Lynda Ware, on the history of EBM, what Cochrane is, and how to understand the real evidence behind the headlines.Key Concepts addressed:
- 1-3 Association is not the same as causation
- 2-1 Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
- 2-9 Reviews of fair comparisons should be systematic
- 2-11 All fair comparisons and outcomes should be reported
- 2-13 Relative measures of effects can be misleading
Slide cast narrated by Cochrane UK Fellow in General Practice, Lynda Ware.
The slide cast covers the history of Evidence-Based Medicine, what Cochrane is and how to understand the real evidence behind the headlines.